Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Fix an old ipod that is stuck in a boot loop

Have you ever been going through your drawers and found an old iPod only to find that it wont boot up....sucks doesn't it? By old iPod I mean something like an iPod video remember those old things. Well i found my old iPod and I wouldn't turn on it would start to boot ( displaying the silver apple) then it would just die, you could feel the kick of the hard drive shutting off. I couldn't find anyone who could tell me how to fix it so I figured it out for myself.

Requirements:

IPod to PC connecter cable
ITunes
Computer

Steps:
1. Press and hold select + play for about 5 seconds to restart the iPod

2. Press ans hold select + menu to put it into disc mode

3. Connect it to the computer and restore the iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment